Author: Kristen Barkley
Mayonnaise is a staple in the fridge and a key ingredient to many recipes, yet most if not all store-bought versions are not Dr. Brown approved. This is a great homemade recipe that is very versatile and easy to whip up!
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ t Sea Salt
- ¼ t Dry Mustard
- 2 t Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed
- ⅔ c extra light tasting olive oil
- 2 T avocado oil
- Pour egg into bottom of mason jar.
- Add lemon juice and salt.
- Use your immersion blender and beat well.
- Leave immersion blender on the very bottom of jar. While blinder still in motion, slowly pour in oils. It will begin to thicken and the sound of the immersion blender will change slowly move it towards the top.
- Add in dry mustard to complete the blending process.
- Allow your mayo to sit at room temp for 2 hours and place in fridge. Will keep for up to one week.