Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Appetizer
These are so yummy you can't have just one. White mushrooms are over stuffed and full of flavor. The chorizo turkey sausage gives these mushrooms the extra little kick and pick me up.
- 1½ c turkey chorizo sausage
- 16 oz whole white button mushrooms
- ½ c crumbled goat cheese (I used tomato basil flavor)
- ¼ c Dr. Brown approved mayonnaise or homemade
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t minced garlic
- 2 T diced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a skillet heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add chorizo to skillet and cook until lightly browned and internal temperature is reached 165F.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Chop stems.
- Add chopped stems and garlic to skillet and chorizo and cook an additional 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together mayo and goat cheese crumbles.
- Add cooked chorizo mixture to the mayo mixture and blend well to create the filling.
- Stuff mushrooms with 2 T filling and place on baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and top with crumbled goat cheese and diced green onions and serve.