Avocado Spinach Dip
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Sauces and Dips
This creamy paleo avocado spinach dip is perfect for your next party. Just serve with raw veggies and you have a guiltless snack that is both delicious and nutritious.
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ c Dr. Brown approved mayonnaise or homemade paleo mayo
- The juice of ½ lime
- 1 tsp unpasteurized honey
- fine sea salt
- Few grinds freshly cracked pepper
- 16oz frozen baby spinach leaves, chopped (you can use half if you'd like)
- Sauté spinach for a few minutes, until wilted. Pat dry and set aside.
- Add avocado, mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, salt and pepper to the bowl of a small food processor and process until smooth and creamy or mash and mix by hand.
- Stir in spinach until well mixed.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour or two before serving to allow for flavors to fully develop (not absolutely necessary but preferable); Cover tightly with plastic food wrap to avoid oxidation and discoloration. If stored like this with minimal exposure to the air, this dip will keep for a few days in the fridge.
[…] Avocado Spinach Dip […]