Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Appetizer, Sauces and Dips
Serves: 3 Cups
This avocado salsa makes an excellent dip, appetizer or topping!
- 1 Ripe Avocado, diced
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Red Tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 Scallion, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and minced (for hotter salsa, leave in seeds)
- ¼ Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Gently toss diced avocado and 2 tablespoons lime juice in a bowl. Spoon in the tomato on top of the avocado. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours minimum.
- Just before serving, add in the scallions, jalapeno and cilantro to the mixing bowl and gently toss. Taste for seasoning, adding more lime juice or salt and pepper if necessary and serve.
This recipe includes corn which should be eaten in smaller quantities, avoided later in the day and altogether if you are on the Advanced Plan.