Garlic Chicken Sauté with Buttered Spaghetti Squash
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Italian
This paleo pasta dish combines chicken with garlic, shallots,, and sun-dried tomatoes with buttery spaghetti squash for a meal that is absolutely delicious!
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 3 chicken breast cubed
- 5 cloves diced garlic
- 2 T chicken stock or broth
- 4 T pasture butter + 1 T
- ¼ c diced sun-dried tomatoes
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c diced shallot
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 T olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice squash in half and remove seeds.
- Place 2T of butter in each half and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Cover with foil and cook 50 minutes or until tender. Remove and sit.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and 1 T butter over medium heat.
- Add diced shallots and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add cubes chicken seasoned with salt, pepper and diced garlic to pan and cook until well done.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with chicken broth, and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and prepare squash by pulling away from skin and plating. Add chicken and serve.