Last updated: June 4, 2013
Personal Information Marpé, LLC Gathers About Customers
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve our services, products and website. Types of information gathered include the following:
• Information You Provide: We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. The information that you provide is used for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future purchases for you, improving our services and sales processes, and communicating with you.
• Automatic Information: Certain types of information are obtained whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses marpewellness.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of marpewellness.com on other websites.
• Mobile: When you download or use apps that may be created by Marpé, LLC, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
• E-mail: To help us enhance the use of e-mails, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from marpewellness.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your preferences in your Customer Profile.
• Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
• Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features on marpewellness.com that are hopefully useful to both you and Marpé, LLC, such as personalized advertisements, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below:
• Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Marpé, LLC customers on behalf of other businesses; however, we do not give that business your name, address or other personal information. If you do not want to receive such offers, please indicate your preference through our website.
• Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might buy or create subsidiaries or affiliated entities. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice. Also, in the unlikely event that Marpé, LLC, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
• Protection of Marpé, LLC and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with applicable law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Marpé, LLC, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
• With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using [identify security software] software, which encrypts information you input.
• We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. You should always sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Information Available For Customer Access
Marpé, LLC gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Marpé, LLC for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
• As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Marpé, LLC features provided on its website.
• When you add or update certain information on pages within marpewellness.com, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
• If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences; however, if you do not want to receive legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of the Marpé, LLC website and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.
Marpé, LLC does not sell products for purchase by children.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit marpewellness.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, and application of the law of the State of Texas. If you have any concern about privacy at the website, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. As our business changes, our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will also change. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
You provide us information when you search, buy products, post, participate in a questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through our website; provide information in Your Account; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; and financial information, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search results and links, including paid listings; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.