Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Soups
This delicious savory turkey soup with carrots and celery is the perfect way to use up all your leftovers after Thanksgiving!
- 3 c leftover roasted turkey or chicken
- 1½ c sliced carrots
- 1 c chopped celery
- 1 large diced onion
- 2 c peeled and cubed Japanese sweet potatoes
- 48 oz chicken stock or broth
- 3 T pasture butter
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 t sea salt
- 1 t black pepper
- 2 t dried sage
- 2 t fresh chopped thyme leaves
- In a large stock pot, add butter to pan to melt over medium heat.
- Add onion and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, celery, carrots, and potatoes for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, stock or broth, and turkey. Stir and cover.
- Bring to a boil for at least 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft.