Baked Beef Enchiladas
Author: Kristen Barkley
A beefy favorite for everyone.
- 4 c Shredded Cauliflower (about 1 medium head)
- 1.5 lbs. Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- ½ Red Onion
- ½ Green Bell Pepper (diced small)
- 1 Jalapeño, (sliced into round pieces)
- 1½ c Tomato Sauce
- 1 T Chili Powder
- ¼ t Cumin
- ¼ t Garlic Powder
- ¼ t Oregano
- ½ t Paprika
- salt & pepper to taste (don't be shy with it... there's a lot of cauliflower to season up!)
- 1 c Shredded Machego Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Combine the tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic, and oregano in a small bowl until smooth~ this is your enchilada sauce.
- Saute the ground beef & onion in a large pan until the meat is no longer pink.
- Stir the bell pepper, and "enchilada sauce" into the pan until combined.
- Slice up cauliflower and place in food processor. Mix until you get a rice consistency.
- Fill the bottom of your dish with the shredded UNCOOKED cauliflower, then top with ½ the Manchego cheese, meat mixture and then add the remaining ½ of the cheese to top.
- Top with sliced Jalapeno Pepper.
- Once stirred, bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour- or until browned around the edges.
- Let it cool for a few minutes, slice into squares, & serve with guacamole.