Sweet Potato Turkey Hash
Author: Kristen Barkley
This sweet potato and ground turkey hash is great for anytime of the day.
- 3 Sweet Potatoes, Small Cubed Pieces
- 1 Yellow or White Onion, Diced Small
- 1½ lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, Diced Small
- 4 c Spinach
- 4 Large Free Range Eggs
- ⅓ c Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet heat up a few tablespoons of oil (reserve the rest) Add onion and bell pepper to hot oil in large skillet. Cook for a few minutes on med-high heat. Making sure to stir so they down burn. You want them to become soft and starting to golden.
- Add in cubed sweet potatoes and stir well. Add remaining oil. Stir it in well and turn the heat down to medium. Make you stir every few minutes.
- In a clean skillet brown turkey meat. Remove from Heat.
- Once the potatoes have started to soften, (about 15 minutes) Remove from heat and drain potatoes on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add back to skillet along with turkey meat. Stir well and turn on low medium heat so flavors will blend together.
- In another large skillet add a tablespoon of oil or butter to a pan. Cook eggs over sunny side up or over medium. What ever you like best.
- Make bed of spinach on plate.
- Add Hash to a plate and topped with cooked egg. Serve immediately