Dr. Brown Bow-Tie Pasta
Author: Kristen Barkley
A paleo pasta recipe that actually tastes like pasta!
- 2 c Almond Flour
- 2 c Arrowroot Flour
- 4 Eggs
- ½ t Xanthan Gum
- 2 t Sea Salt
- Extra Arrowroot Flour for Rolling
- In large mixing bowl whisk together the flours, salt, xanthan gum.
- Scramble the eggs and gradually add them to the center of the flour mixture, incorporating the flour as you stir.
- When the dough comes together, use your hands to form a ball and then transfer to a pastry board or counter top to knead.
- Add arrowroot flour as necessary to prevent the dough from sticking.
- After you have a nice firm ball of dough you will need to cut it into pieces, about 1 inch by 1 inch.
- Pinch in the middle to make a bow-tie.
- Place in boiling water for 3-5 minutes
Adapted from eatlivegrowpaleo.com