Tuscan Chicken Skillet
Author: Kristen Barkley
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast cutlet
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon of thyme
- 1 large minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic (equal to one clove)
- 8 oz. sliced button mushrooms
- ½ cup of sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 large leaves of fresh basil, sliced
- 18 oz. jar diced canned tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- In a large saute pan cook heat tablespoon of olive oil, dust chicken with salt pepper and red pepper flakes. Brown for 3 minutes on each side on medium high heat.
- Remove chicken and add shallot. stir and add garlic and mushroom after 1 minute.
- Add ½ cup white wine and scrap bottom of pan with wooden spoon to blend flavors.
- Cook mushroom and onion for 3 minutes. Add sliced sun dried tomatoes, and additional spices. stir well add diced tomatoes and remaining wine.
- Transfer chicken back into pan and turn heat down to med-low heat.
- Pour tablespoon of honey over chicken and tomatoes. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add Sliced basil and cook 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Adapted from shrinkingsingle.com