Sweet Potato Carrot Soufflé
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Side Dish
This recipe packed full of beta-carotin combines sweet potato, carrot, and butter to create the perfect Fall side dish!
- 3 c baby carrots
- 2 c peeled and sliced sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- ½ t ground cloves
- 1 t cinnamon
- 2 T raw, local honey
- 8 T soft pasture butter
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large pot, boil 5 cups of water.
- Add sweet potato, carrots, and cloves, and boil until softened.
- Drain and add to large mixing bowl.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Add honey and blend 20 more seconds.
- Add cinnamon, baking powder, and vanilla and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add eggs and butter, and mix until well blended.
- Grease small casserole dish and pour mixture into it.
- Cook 40 minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve!