Paleo Banana Nut Muffins
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Breads
These paleo banana nut muffins make for the perfect healthy breakfast or on-the-go snack!
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 T honey
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 4 T melted pasture butter
- ¼ c unsweetened applesauce
- 4 large eggs
- ½ c coconut flour
- ½ c (50g) almond meal
- ¾ t baking soda
- ¼ c chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- a handful of allergen-free chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 T melted pasture butter or coconut oil
- Pre heat oven to 350F.
- Mix together mashed bananas, honey, vanilla, 4 T melted butter, and eggs. Blend well.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ones, slowly mixing.
- Grease a muffin tin with melted butter or coconut oil.
- Fill cups ¾ way up with batter.
- Place in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.
Adapted from http://www.southerninlaw.com/2014/09/the-best-healthy-paleo-banana-bread-recipe-low-fat-gluten-free.html?m=1