Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Side Dish, Salads
This colorful salad is filled with nutritious veggies like cucumber, bell pepper, tomato, onion, and avocado plus the salty green and kalamata olives add that Mediterranean flare that we all love!
- 1 cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- ½ c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- ½ c kalamata olives
- ¼ c green olives, halved
- ¼ c parsley, chopped
- 1 avocados, cut into 1 inch pieces
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- crumbled sheep feta, optional
- ½ T olive oil
- Chop and combine all vegetables and olives in a large bowl.
- Add avocado cubes and gently fold in.
- Drizzle with olive oil and mix to coat.
- Plate and serve.
- Top with feta if desired.
I love this salad! So refreshing and delicious…making it tonight! Reminds me of the Romanian salads my grandmother and mother made for us growing up.
This was a delicious salad, I almost went back for seconds! On their own many of these ingredients are not favorites but somehow the whole thing comes together and tastes amazing. I also love the simplicity and freshness of the ingredients. You will make this one again and again!!
Good morning, I have a nonprofit, and we are honoring women veterans in our magazine (1st one) and wanted to know with permission to put your recipe in our book?
We would of course recognize you as a supporter, and we can put your logo and your website where people can follow you.