Turkey Kielbasa with Fennel and Onions
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This simple Turkey Kielbasa with Fennel and Onions dish is a favorite among the whole family and super easy to whip up.
- 2 16 oz turkey kielbasa
- 2 large yellow onions
- 2 fennel bulbs, quartered
- 3 cloves crushed, minced garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ T champagne vinegar
- ¼ c chicken broth
- 2 T olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a cast iron skillet heat heat 1 T oil.
- Add sausage. Cook until browned and remove.
- Add remaining oil and heat
- Add fennel, garlic, onions and minced thyme. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook and allow to slightly brown and begin to soften.
- Slow add in broth, vinegar and scrap bit late from bottom of pan. Add kielbasa back to pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove and serve.