Hearty Beef Stew
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This Hearty Beef Stew full of veggies and sirloin is filling, savory, and just what you need on a cool, Autumn day.
- 1½ lbs beef sirloin, cubed
- 3 carrots, peeled and large diced
- 1 red onion, small diced
- 1 jar diced tomatoes
- 5 ounces fresh baby kale
- 1 c beef bone broth (use link) or just beef broth/stock
- 1 T olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot heat olive oil.
- Season steak with sea salt and pepper and drop into hot oil.
- Once meat is browned, add carrot and onion and allow them to cook for 5-6 minutes stirirng frequently over medium heat.
- Slowly add beef broth, diced tomato and sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in kale.
- Serve hot.