Summer Vegetables Topped Mahi Mahi
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This dish is not only beautiful but pleasing to the tastebuds too. The summer vegetable sauté is good enough to eat on its own but truly complements the Mahi Mahi perfectly.
- 4 large mahi mahi fillets
- 2 T pasture butter
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c chopped red, yellow, and green bell peppers
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T chopped fresh dill or basil
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place Mahi Mahi on broil pan and broil on high heat until fish flakes with fork (about 10 minutes.).
- While fish is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion and cook until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic and peppers and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, cook, and stir until some of the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in dill or basil and season to taste.
- Spoon mixture over hot cooked Mahi Mahi.