Spicy Roasted Okra
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Side Dish
This Spicy Roasted Okra recipe is a simple but unique side that has just enough spice that you keep wanting more!
- 1 lb fresh okra
- ½ c olive oil
- 2 T red pepper flakes
- ½ T minced garlic
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small sauce pan heat oil over high heat.
- Make sure oil doesn't smoke if so remove from heat.
- Add pepper flakes, garlic, sea salt and pepper to oil. Stirring well. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash okra and dry well. Place in large casserole dish.
- Use ¼ c chili oil mixture and toss with tongs to coat well. Reserve remaining chili oil for other dishes.
- Place in oven for 30-35 minutes until roasted and crunchy.