Cast Iron Chicken Legs
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This paleo Cast Iron Chicken Legs recipe combines chicken with shallot and garlic for an easy yet tasty meal!
- 4 whole chicken legs
- 1 cup sliced shallot
- 5 cloves minced crushed garlic
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 T chili oil (reserved from Okra recipe)
- ½ c chicken stock
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a cast iron skillet heat chili pepper oil over season chicken with sea salt and pepper and place skin down into hot oil.
- Turn in 3-4 minutes or when skin is browned. Repeat on underside.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add shallot, garlic and thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir. Allow shallot to soften and slightly brown. Add chicken stock slowly and stir bit up from bottom. Return chicken to cast iron pan and place in preheated oven.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until 165F reached.