Spicy Avocado Sea Bass and Kale
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This is both a super healthy dish as well as a super flavorful dish. The jalepeño, red onion, and lime give the sea bass and kale just the kick it needs!
- 4 (6 oz) sea bass fillets
- 1 bunch red kale chopped (stems and ribs removed)
- 1 bunch green kale chopped (stems and ribs removed)
- 1 avocado
- ½ red onion diced
- ½ c chopped cilantro
- ½ t paprika
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1½ T olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet add 1T olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add chopped kale and sea salt to taste.
- Sauté 2 minutes over medium heat.
- While kale cooking mix avocado, diced red onion, cilantro, jalapeño and ½ of a lime juiced to a food processor and blend well.
- Remove kale from pan and plate.
- Dust fish with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat remaining oil ½ T olive oil to sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add fish to hot pan and drizzle with lime juice. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes and turn.
- Remove cover for remaining 4-5 minutes.
- Remove fish and plate over kale. Drizzle with avocado sauce and serve.