Spaghetti Squash with Basil Pesto and Kielbasa
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: main dish
Spaghetti squash and kielbasa sausage makes for a deliscious and easy week nigh meal that you and your family are sure to enjoy.
- 2 lbs. beef or turkey kielbasa in 1 inch slices
- 1 large spagetti squash
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 2 t olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare squash by slicing in half and remove seeding from the middle.
- In each half place 1 t olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 1 hour.
- After the spaghetti squash has been in for 40 minutes, add sliced inch Kielbasa to skillet and brown.
- Remove squash from oven after 1 hour and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Once squash has cooled remove spagetti strands from squash and place in a large bowl.
- Pour pesto over squash and mix well.
- Add Kielbasa Sausage and serve.