Simple Pumpkin Pie
Author: Kristen Barkley
This recipe makes a wonderful paleo version of pumpkin pie that is simple, delicious, and Dr. Brown approved!
- 2 c pureed, organic pumpkin puree
- 1.5 c organic raw pecans
- 2 large eggs
- 3 T pasture butter
- ½ c honey + 1 t for crust
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t nutmeg
- ¼ t all spice
- ¼ t ground cloves
- Coconut whip cream for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 475 F.
- Grind the pecans in a food processor.
- Mix in 1 t honey and butter and press firmly into a glass pie pan.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over pecan butter bottom crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 475 and then lower the temperature to 350 for another 35 minutes.
- Plate and serve hot or cold with coconut whip cream.