Savory Beef Tenderloin
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This Savory Beef Tenderloin is full of spice and flavor and will have you dreaming of Autumn!
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin
- ½ t minced ginger
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 t cloves
- 1 t nutmeg
- 1 T olive oil + 1 t
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grind nutmeg, cloves and pepper together in food processor or coffee grinder works great too.
- Wrap tenderloin in cooking twine about every 1-1½ inches. it makes for easier sizing and slicing.
- In a large (cast iron if you have it) skillet (or oven approved) heat 1 T olive oil over high heat.
- Rub tenderloin with 1 t olive oil, ginger, garlic, and ground nutmeg mixture.
- Place tenderloin in hot skillet and turn about every 1 minute browning and creating a bark all the way around.
- Place skillet in oven and cook until desired wellness reached. but make sure temp reaches at least 130F.
- Serve Tenderloin with Maple Glaze if desired. Also it pairs well with a red wine.