Salisbury Steak with Mushroom and Onion Gravy
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
These savory "steaks" are very flavorful and sure to please the whole family!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- ½ c almond meal
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 t paprika
- 1 t whole grain dijon mustard
- ½ t onion powder
- 6 oz sliced button mushrooms
- 1 small red onion
- 1 c beef stock
- 1 c red wine
- 1-2 t arrowroot powder
- 1 T grass fed butter or ghee
- Pre heat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl place ground beef, 1 large egg, almond meal, salt, pepper, paprika, dijon mustard, and onion powder.
- Mix ingredients with hands until well combined.
- Make 4 inch patties and place on baking sheet.
- Press fist into middle of patties to make a small "bowl."
- Place in oven for 15 minutes and flip.
- Place back in oven for 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice red onion and mushrooms, and place in a hot skillet with melted butter.
- Cook down till fragrant (about 3-5 minutes on medium-high heat).
- Add beef stock, and wine.
- Bring to soft bowl and reduce heat to low.
- Slowly whisk in arrowroot powder till desire thickness is reached.
- Once steaks are browned and reached an internal temperature of 165F, remove from oven.
- Spoon gravy atop each steak and serve!