Prosecco and Bacon Peas
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Side Dish
This pea and bacon side dish is bursting with flavor from the shallot and Prosecco!
- 12 oz frozen peas (thawed)
- 6 oz diced turkey bacon
- ¼ c diced shallot
- 1 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c Prosecco
- 2 T shredded Romano
- In a saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add diced bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add shallot salt and pepper and cook until bacon begins to crisp.
- Add peas and combine well. Cook through and additional 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add Prosecco and stir. Allow heat of pan to cook out alcohol for 1-2 minutes.