Paleo Peach Cobbler
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Dessert
This paleo peach cobbler is to die for! You won't miss the grains, trust me!
- 2 large peaches, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 6 T pasture butter
- ½ c pure maple syrup
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1 t nutmeg
- 1 t arrowroot powder
- ¼ c almond or coconut milk
- ½ c paleo pancake mix
- ½ t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In an 8 inch cast iron skillet, add 1 T pasture butter and melt.
- Peel and slice peaches.
- Remove skillet after 1-3 minutes and butter is melted. Coat pan well and set aside
- In sauce pan, add peaches, maple syrup, lemon juice, ½ t nutmeg, arrowroot powder, almond or coconut milk, and bring to a soft boil.
- While cooking, mix paleo pancake mix, baking powder, ½ t nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and 5 T room temperature pasture butter, and combine with a fork.
- Once peach mixture reaches a boil, remove from heat and spoon into cast iron pan with a slotted spoon. Reserve juice.
- Pour pancake butter mixture over peaches.
- Pour reserved boiled peach juice over entire skillet.
- Place in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove and serve with Dr. Brown approved ice cream (optional).