Paleo Chocolate Cake Brownies
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Dessert
These paleo chocolate cake brownies hit the spot when craving that delicious sweet treat but not willing to completely throw the healthy eating to the curb!
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ c coconut oil, melted,
- ¼ c pasture butter
- ¼ c organic raw honey
- 1 T pure maple syrup
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 t vanilla extract
- ½ c almond flour
- ¼ c coconut flour
- ¾ c unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ t sea salt
- ½ c semisweet dairy and soy free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F, and lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate, coconut oil, and pasture butter in a double-boiler over medium heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Add melted chocolate mixture into a food processor with honey, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, almond and coconut flours, cocoa powder, and salt. Pulse several time until completely smooth.
- Pour batter into greased pan and use a spatula to spread evenly and smooth the top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake brownies for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool brownie on a wire cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Adapted from http://wholeheavenlyoven.com/2014/09/01/ultimate-gluten-free-fudge-brownies/