Paleo Beef Pho
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Soups, Main Dish
This paleo beef pho is so flavorful and hearty. The spaghetti squash creates the perfect grainless "noodle."
- 1½ lbs sirloin steak, sliced thin
- 2 T olive oil + 2 T
- 1 T crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 t ground ginger
- 1 t garlic powder
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 64 oz beef broth
- 2 T coconut aminos
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- ½ c chopped cilantro
- ¼ c sliced green onion
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 2 c bean sprouts
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Sea salt and white pepper
- 1 cinnamon stick, optional
- 5 stars of anise, optional
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds.
- Drizzle with 2 T olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Cook for 45 min or until tender. Set aside.
- In a large stock bring beef broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder, ginger powder, cinnamon stick and star of anise (if desired) to light boil.
- In a large skillet, add oil and heat over med-high heat.
- Add beef, chopped garlic, red pepper flakes and brown slightly.
- Add coconut aminos and cook until liquid is gone.
- Strain cinnamon stick and stars of anise out of broth is using.
- Add spaghetti squash strands to individual bowls and top with beef, sprouts, green onion, jalapeño, cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime and add broth. Serve.