Oven Braised Short Ribs
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
These beef short ribs have the perfect flavor and that irresistible fall-of-the-bone texture.
- 3 lbs Grass-fed beef short ribs (bone-in)
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced thin
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1½ c gluten free beer or sherry wine
- 1½ c beef stock
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 325F.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil on medium-high heat on stove top.
- Rub ribs with pepper and salt and lay fat side down in hot pan.
- Sear short ribs on all sides.
- Turn heat down and add onion and garlic. Use a spoon to scrap bottom of pan and get seasoning mixed well.
- After onions are translucent (3-5 minutes,) add your liquid of choice and beef stock.
- Allow it to reach a simmer.
- Add thyme bundle to top of ribs.
- Place lid on Dutch oven, and place inside preheated oven.
- Bake for 2 hrs and 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow the meat to settle and rest.
- Meat should remove easy from bone.