Ginger Beef with Kale and Mushroom Stir Fry
Author: Kristen Barkley
- MARINADE INGREDIENTS:
- ⅓ c Tamari or Coconut Amino
- ½ c Beef Stock
- 3 T Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 T Arrowroot Powder
- 2 t Ground Ginger
- ¼ t Freshly-Ground Black Pepper
- STIR-FRY INGREDIENTS:
- 2 lbs. Thinly Sliced Flank Steak or Sirloin, Cut Diagonally Across the Grain into Thin Strips
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 8 oz. (1 package) Sliced Button Mushrooms
- 3 c Chopped Kale
- 2 Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Head Green of Red Cabbage Sliced Thin
- TO MAKE THE MARINADE:
- Add all marinade ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour marinade into a large bowl or ziplock bag, then add in the steak and gently toss to combine. Cover/seal and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- TO MAKE THE STIR-FRY:
- Once steak has marinated, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving the marinade, and add to saute pan with garlic. Saute for about 2-3 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove steak with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, kale, and reserved marinade to saute pan, and stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the kale is wilted, the sauce has thickened, and the mushrooms have cooked, stirring regularly so that sauce does not burn. Add in the steak, and toss to combine.
- Serve over steamed or sautéed cabbage.