Fish Taco Bowl
Author: Kristen Barkley
This Mahi Mahi fish bowl is perfect for lunch or dinner any day of the week.
- 3-4 Mahi Mahi Fillets
- 2 t Chili Powder
- 2 t Cumin
- 1 t Paprika
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Pinch of Garlic Powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped Small
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 c Spinach or Green Leaf of choice (for each serving)
- 2 c Steamed Cauliflower Rice or Cilantro Lime Rice
- Avocado, cilantro, and lime juice for garnish (optional)
- 1 T Olive Oil
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of the fish (I didn't use all of it, but you could if you like things spicier) and salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep Cauliflower. Cut and clean and place in food processor until you reach a rice consistency. Place in a skillet with a a few Tablespoons of water to steam. Allow water to cook out. If not soft add a little more water and repeat process.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the fish and cook, undisturbed, for several minutes per side. Check the middle of the fish for doneness. It should flake easily and be opaque throughout. Remove the fish from the pan and set aside.
- Layer spinach, rice. Add Onion, chopper bell pepper, avocado slices and cilantro and top with fish and sliced Jalapeno. Top with Lime juice and your favorite dressing.