Brazilian Fish Stew
Author: Kristen Barkley
Sole fillet, or any white fish, marinated in lime and chipotle and simmered in coconut milk and topped with fresh cilantro.
- 4 T Lime Juice
- 1 ½ T Ground Cumin
- 1 ½ T Paprika
- 2 ½ t Minced Garlic
- 1½ t Salt
- 1½ t Pepper
- ½ t Chipotle Powder
- 1 T Chopped Fresh or Dry Parsley
- 2 lbs. Sole Fillets or any White Fish
- 1 t olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large bell peppers, sliced into 2 inch strips
- 1 (18 oz jar) Jovial Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- Handful Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- Combine the lime juice, cumin, paprika, parsley, garlic, salt, chipotle powder and pepper in a large bowl. Add in the sole or white fish and mix until coated. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 20 minutes or longer. (You can do this step the night before to save time the next day!)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the pepper strips, tomatoes, and marinated fish.
- Pour the coconut milk over everything, cover, and simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the last few minutes, stir in the cilantro.
- When the fish is cooked through, garnish with additional cilantro (if desired) and serve.