Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Side Dish
Kale is not only a superfood but it is also delicious ... especially when sautéed with olive oil and garlic!
- 1½ pounds young green and purple kale, coarsely chopped
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- ½ c water
- Se salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 T red wine or apple cider vinegar
- In an extra large skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced garlic and cook until soft, but not colored.
- Add the water and kale and toss.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove cover, continue to cook, and stir until all the liquid has evaporated, about 1 minute more.
- Generously season with salt and pepper and add vinegar.
Adapted from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/sauteed-kale-recipe.html?soc=sharingpinterest