Italian Flat Bread
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Breads
This paleo Italian flat bread is slightly sweet and a great texture for your favorite pizza recipes!
- ½ c coconut flour
- 2 c tapioca flour
- 1 t sea salt
- ½ c coconut oil
- 1 c coconut milk
- 1 eggs
- 1 t fine minced fresh rosemary
- 1 T fresh minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a large bowl, combine flours and salt. Mix well.
- Place coconut oil and coconut milk in a small sauce pan and turn to med-low heat. Stir and allow to blend well. Don't ever allow it to reach a boil. You just want them to reach the same temp and for the coconut oil to melt down into the milk. Once all the oil is in liquid form, it should only take a few minutes. Remove from stove and place in freezer for a few minutes.
- Once cooled to about room temp without letting the coconut oil to re solidify, pour on to dry flour mixture.
- Blend well and a dough will start to form.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and pour ½ the dough mixture onto one and then the other.
- Take a spatula and smooth dough out to about ⅓ inch or so. Thinner if you'd like. I wouldn't make smaller than ¼ inch. As edges will burn.
- Place fresh finely chopped rosemary and fresh garlic on top of crust.
- Place in oven a cook for 15-17 minutes depending on thickness.
Adapted from http://healthpositiveinfo.com/grain-free-flatbread.html