Fried Plantain Crisps
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Side Dish
Cuisine: South American
These plantain crisps are fried in coconut oil and perfect for dipping in chimichurri sauce!
- 2 plantains, peeled and sliced thin
- ~ ½ c coconut oil (depending on size of saucepan)
- sea salt
- Pour coconut oil into saucepan so that it is about ¼ in thick.
- Heat oil for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Drop the plantains into the oil one by one to avoid overlap.
- Once slices are perfectly golden and crisp, take out of the oil with a perforated spoon, and lay flat on a paper towel on top of a plate to cool.
- Repeat as necessary until all of the plantains are fried.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve with your favorite dipping sauce such as chimichurri!
Adapted from http://paleomagazine.com/paleo-plantain-chips/