South of the Border Salad
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Salad
This salad is so fresh and tangy. It's great by itself or even as a dip or topping!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 c spinach, cut into shreds
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 large, ripe avocados, chunked
- ⅓ c pickled jalapeno chopped (sub fresh jalapeno for heat)
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ handful parsley, chopped
- Zest from 1 lime
- ⅓ c fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- ½ T lemon juice
- ¼ c olive oil
- 1 t sea salt
- ½ t ground black pepper
- ¼ t cayenne pepper
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad in a medium mixing bowl, and mix to combine.
- Combine dressing ingredients together and fold into salad.