Grainless Italian Breadsticks
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Breads
These paleo Italian breadsticks are delicious and super easy to make! The are great for dipping in marinara or alongside your favorite Italian dish or soup! Makes 6 breadsticks.
- 1½ c almond flour
- 2 teaspoons pizza seasoning, divided
- 1 t sea salt, divided
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t raw honey
- 3 eggs, divided
- 2 T coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together almond flour, 1½ teaspoons pizza seasoning, ½ teaspoon sea salt, olive oil, and honey.
- In a small bowl, wisk 2 eggs together.
- Add egg mixture to the almond flour mix and stir.
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut flour and stir.
- Allow the mixture to sit for a minute and then add the other tablespoon of coconut flour and stir. (The batter should be slightly sticky and easy to knead.)
- Make a ball of dough and divide into 6 equal parts.
- On top of parchment paper, roll each part into about a 6-7 inch stick and gently shape into a breadstick by slightly flattening the top and rounding the ends.
- Place on cookie sheet, and bake for 10 min.
- While sticks are baking, whisk 1 egg with 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix together ½ teaspoon pizza seasoning and ½ teaspoon sea salt.
- After the breadsticks have cooked for 10 minutes, take the pan out of the oven and turn each stick over. (They should be slightly browned.)
- Baste the browned side of each stick with the egg and water mixture, and sprinkle with the seasoning mixture.
- Place pan back in oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
Adapted from http://www.multiplydelicious.com/thefood/2013/02/paleo-pizza-sticks/