Guiltless Chocolate Cupcakes
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Desserts
Serves: 24 cupcakes
These chocolate cupcakes are so decadent and delicious, you would never guess they were paleo!!
- 1 c coconut flour
- ¾ c raw cacao powder
- ¾ t baking soda
- ¾ t celtic sea salt
- 9 eggs
- ¾ c coconut oil, melted
- 1 c + 2 T pure maple syrup or raw honey
- ¾ c water
- 1 T vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Fill cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Combine coconut flour, cacao powder, baking soda, sea salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup, water, and vanilla to the eggs and mix.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Mix on low for 1 or 2 minutes with a hand mixer.
- Pour batter evenly into cupcake tins.
- Bake for 18- 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let pans cool slightly, then remove cupcakes and cool on a wire rack.
- If desired, ice with the Best Chocolate Frosting.
Recipe Adapted from http://www.soultravelers3.com/2013/10/best-chocolate-cake-recipe-ever-and-its-paleo-healthy-grain-free.html