The Best Chocolate Frosting
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 24 cupcakes
This is the absolute best chocolate frosting! So smooth and rich... You'd never believe there is only four REAL food ingredients in it!!
- ½ c pasture butter
- 1 c of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ c of arrowroot flour
- ¾ c of pure maple syrup
- Whip the butter on high speed until fluffy.
- Sift together the cocoa powder and arrowroot flour and add to the fluffy butter.
- Continue to whip while intermittently adding the syrup.
- Adjust the syrup level to taste.
Adapted from http://www.paleofondue.com/2013/08/13/paleo-birthday-vanilla-bean-cake-with-chocolate-frosting/