Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This cheesy paleo- inspired meatloaf uses sheep Romano cheese to add an extra creamy texture and taste to the traditional meatloaf flavor.
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ c hazelnut meal
- 1 small white or yellow onion chopped
- 1 T minced shallot
- ½ c Dr. Brown approved ketchup or homemade
- 1 t minced garlic
- ¼ c fine grated sheep Romano cheese
- 1 T prepared horseradish
- 1 t oregano
- 1 egg
- ½ T olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a skillet heat oil over high heat.
- Add garlic, onion and shallot and cook 3-5 minutes until lightly browned
- In a large bowl combine meat, egg, parsley, onion, shallot, garlic, ½ the cheese, horseradish, sea salt and pepper, making sure to blend everything together well.
- Spoon into a medium casserole dish.
- Cover with ketchup, parsley and top with remaining grated cheese.
- Place in oven for 25 minutes or until meat is fully cooked. Remove and serve.