Rainbow Trout with Skillet Salsa
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This paleo rainbow trout recipe uses fresh tomatoes, cilantro, shallots, and thyme to create a delicious salsa to top the flaky fish!
- 4 rainbow trout fillets
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 T chopped cilantro
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 1 T fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 lemon juice and rind, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T olive oil
- Sea salt and white pepper to taste
- In a cast iron skillet, heat ½ the oil and add shallot. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato, cilantro, thyme, garlic, ½ a lemon juice salt and pepper and cook additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove salsa from pan.
- Add remaining olive oil and heat.
- Season fish with salt, white pepper and 1 t lemon rind.
- Place flesh down in skillet and cook 2 minutes and flip.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes or once fish is flaky.
- Remove from pan and plate.
- Cover with skillet salsa.