Cheesy Baked Zucchini
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Side Dish
The cheese in this zucchini recipe make it a great lower calorie substitute for a baked potato. Delicious and nutrient dense -- a great combo!
- 4 medium sized zucchinis
- 1 T olive oil
- ½ c Dr. Brown approved cheese (goat or sheep), shredded or crumbled
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut out 4 squares of foil big enough to wrap each zucchini and lightly brush with oil.
- Cut a slit along the length of each zucchini and insert cheese.
- Baste with olive oil and garlic.
- Wrap each zucchini individually and bake for about 25 minutes or until tender.