Cashew Chicken Kabobs
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
These chicken kabobs combine raw honey, creamy cashew butter, and delicious spices, for an Asian inspired tasty dish!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenderloins or chicken thighs
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 Anaheim Chili
- 3 T tamari
- 2 T evoo
- 1 T Honey
- soaked Skewers or metal Skewers
For Cashew Sauce
- 1 clove garlic sliced thin
- 1 T evoo
- 1 large shallot diced
- 1 chopped anaheim chili
- ½ C cashew butter
- 1 T honey
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
- 1 t tamari
- In a blender or food processor, blend garlic, chili, Tamari, oil, and honey.
- Pour into a large container with lid.
- Prepare chicken buy slicing into 1 inch cube pieces.
- Place in Marinade. Allow to soak for a minimum of 2 hrs but up to 24.
- After chicken has marinaded, place on skewers.
- Prepare grill.
- Add skewers to grill and cook until reach 165F. (about 15-20 minutes)
- While skewers are cooking prepare cashew sauce.
- In a skille,t heat oil.
- Add diced shallot, chili and garlic.
- Cook 1-2 minutes over med heat.
- Cook until soft.
- Add cashew butter and honey. Make sure you are ready to stir vigorously so it doesn't burn.
- Once the ingredients begin to blend remove from heat and place in food processor.
- Add coconut milk and Tamari and blend until smooth.
- Serve with grilled cashew Chicken.