Carrot Taco Shells
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Breads
Serves: 6 tortillas
These carrot shells make for a unique and delicious healthy alternative to corn tortillas.
- 1½ c baby carrots
- ¾ c grated goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 T almond meal
- 1 T arrowroot powder
- 1 T minced parsley or cilantro
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a food processor dice carrots to small bits.
- Add cheese, eggs, almond meal, arrowroot powder, minced parsley and salt.
- Blend again until all ingredients are well combined.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon ¼ cup carrot mixture down and place parchment paper over to help spread evenly.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and place over glass.
- Allow shells to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add your favorite taco filling and enjoy.