Brined and Roasted Chicken
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This brined and roasted chicken contains so much flavor and is the perfect texture, moist and tender on the inside while browned and crispy on the outside!
- 1 12 oz gluten free beer
- 1 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 T sea salt
- 1 t ground black pepper
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 T poultry seasoning
- 1 t salt
- 1 T yellow mustard
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large stock pot.
- Heat to boil and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool to room temperature.
- Add 2 c ice and chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove chicken to a roasting pan.
- Rub with mustard, poultry seasoning, and salt.
- Cook at 425F for 1 hr 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F.