Breakfast Protein Cups
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Breakfast
These yummy little protein cups filled with eggs, chicken, or turkey bacon make the perfect healthy breakfast food you can eat with your hands!
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 strips turkey bacon (fully cooked and crumbled), or ¼ c shredded turkey or chicken lunch meat
- ¼ cup baby spinach chopped or whole
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 3 T chopped red onion or shallot
- 2 oz shaved or shredded sheep cheese (I used p'tit basque Istara), optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk 4 eggs.
- Add spinach, celery, onion and cheese and blend well.
- For easy clean up place cupcake liners into cupcake tin.
- Fill with a little protein at bottom
- Add egg mixture to cups. Only fill ¾ way up or it will roll over.
- Cook 15-17 minutes and remove and serve. This also are easy to make ahead and bake in am. Make sure covered well.