Author: Kristen Barkley
This BLT-inspired entrée is loaded with flavor and makes the perfect substitute to the traditional sandwich.
- 1 package Turkey bacon (makes about 5 sandwiches)
- 1-2 roma tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 T paleo mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- While preheating, slice bacon in half.
- Separate bacon and start weaving 4 pieces to make one slice of "bread", repeat process until all bacon is woven.
- Place bacon in oven and allow to crisp up. It will take longer because of the overlapping, about 30 minutes. Carefully flip bacon over halfway through cook time.
- While bacon is cooking slice avocado and tomato, and make your fresh paleo mayo.
- Once bacon is cookie, remove and let cool.
- When cool to handle, take one piece of "bread" and add avocado. Smash the avocado to make it hold the bacon together.
- Layer the sliced tomato on top and add paleo mayo.
- Serve and enjoy.