Artichoke Crusted Sirloin with Mushroom Sauce
Author: Kristen Barkley
This delicious steak recipe is a great way to spice up the traditional steak meal. The crust and sauce are amazingly easy to make and scale for bigger parties or family gatherings!
- 2 lbs sirloin steak
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 1 t thyme
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ Cup plain goat or sheep yogurt
- 1 T dijon mustard
- ½ c almond meal
- 1 T coconut flour
- ½ t sea salt
- ¼ t black pepper, ground
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 T pasture butter
- 1 lb shitake or portabella mushrooms
- 1 c coconut milk
- ½ c beef stock
- ¼ c wheat-free Soy Sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 T dijon mustard
- In a food processor, combine artichoke hearts, thyme, garlic, yogurt, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, almond meal, coconut flour, salt and pepper and process until smooth and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 500°F. In a medium skillet, heat butter and 2 minced garlic cloves over medium-high heat. Pan sear the each steak for 5 seconds per side and place on baking pan.
- Spread artichoke mixture over steaks and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- In the skillet, add beef stock, soy sauce or coconut aminos, mustard and mushrooms to the garlic and butter and bring to a boil. Whisk in coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes. Let steaks and sauce cool for 2-4 minutes before serving.