Acorn Squash and Sweet Potato Chili
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This hearty acorn squash and sweet potato chili combines healthy peppers, root vegetables and ground beef for a savory delight!
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 28 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 18 oz diced tomatoes
- ½ c beef broth
- 1 medium acorn squash seeded and skinned, large diced
- 3 small skinned sweet potatoes, large diced (equal to 1½ cups)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 green chili, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T chili powder
- ½ T oregano
- 1 t coriander
- 1 T olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot heat oil.
- Add diced peppers, onion and garlic.
- Cook 1-2 minutes over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium, add ground beef and brown.
- Once browned add diced tomatoes, broth and seasonings. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add squash and potato. Cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.