Tomato and Squash Sea Bass
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This white fish recipe with tomatoes, champagne vinegar, butter, basil, and squash creates the perfect melt in your mouth dish that you won't soon forget!
- 4 (6 oz) Chilean sea bass fillets or flaky white fish of choice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 c kumato tomatoes,, halved
- 2 T olive oil, divided
- 1 T champagne vinegar
- 2 T butter
- 1 c diced yellow squash
- 2 T sliced fresh basil
- White pepper and sea salt to taste
- In a skillet heat 1 T olive oil over low-medium heat.
- Pat fish dry and season with salt and pepper to taste and place in skillet for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip only once and cook additional 3-4. Cooking time may vary but should be flaky.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil and add diced squash and tomatoes to pan.
- Season with salt.
- After 7-10 minute tomatoes should be soft.
- Add butter to pan and stir.
- Add vinegars and basil and cook additional 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over fish and serve.